COVID-19 has significantly impacted how our non-profit community cookery school operates. Prior to lockdown, our outreach work (cookery workshops, foodbank drive at market events & catering services) predominantly supported people in Greater Manchester, Cheshire & North Wales. As the economic impact of the Coronavirus Pandemic starts to unfold, it is clear that we need to innovate and adapt our model so that we are able to support people living in food poverty nationwide.
Our team in central Manchester is now focussed on building a community cookery school that supports people living in food poverty across the UK by:
- Ensuring their nearest foodbank is stocked with good quality items of nutritious food & hygiene products.
- Providing them the opportunity to learn how to cook for free and supporting them with career progression in the food industry.
- Providing free hot nutritious meals at community events.
- Enabling them to learn about cooking, budgeting, nutrition, meal planning and reducing food waste with the provision of free access to our Cooking & Nutrition Portal.
In order to achieve this goal, and to do so at pace, we’ve set up a crowdfunding campaign to help raise the funds required to build delivery teams in major towns and cities across the UK. There’s a wonderful selection of rewards on offer on the campaign page, including:
- Discounted tickets to our cookery courses & fundraising events!
- Signed first edition copies of our recipe books.
- Sponsorship deals for our podcast.
Funds raised will accelerate our growth, you can pledge your support here:
Sharing the crowdfunding page and details of the campaign in your network will also help us enormously too. Thanks for your continued support!